The Investor’s Business Daily has studied leaders and successful people to produce these 10 secrets for success to turn your dreams into reality. They share stories each day to highlight one of these traits. I love these type of tips because regardless of where you are in your life right now, you can be successful and reach your dreams. It starts by believing in yourself. Read through the tips and see which ones you already do and which ones could be helpful to weave into your daily rituals. Would be interested to hear feedback on which ones you like and what else you would add to the list.
1. How you think is everything: Always be positive. Think success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment.
2. Decide upon your true dreams and goals: Write down specific goals, develop a plan to reach them.
3. Take action: Goals are nothing without action. Don’t be afraid to get started. Just do it.
4. Never stop learning: Go back to school or read books. Get training and acquire skills.
5. Be persistent and work hard: Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.
6. Learn to analyze details: Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.
7. Focus your time and money: Don’t let other people or things distract you.
8. Don’t be afraid to innovate; Be different: Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
9. Deal and communicate with people effectively: No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate.
10. Be honest and dependable; Take responsibility: Otherwise, Nos. 1-9 won’t matter.
Alissa Finerman is an Executive Coach and Gallup Certified Strengths Coach, speaker and author of Living in YOUR Top 1%. She works with managers, C-suite executives and teams to leverage strengths, shift beliefs and achieve meaningful goals. Alissa has an MBA from the Wharton School and a BA from the University of California, Berkeley. She has worked with Ross Stores, Petco, BNP Paribas, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Brookfield Property Partners, Neutrogena, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Dress for Success. To learn more about coaching with Alissa, please visit her website and follow her on Facebook