We had a fantastic, Living in Your Top 1%, Workshop in Santa Monica, CA this past weekend. I am always inspired and empowered by what people can accomplish when they shift their mindset to say, “I can” and believe in themselves. Thank you to all!
There were lots of great takeaways and I wanted to share a few of them for people who could not attend. You can achieve top 1% moments from any starting place and any age. Don’t sell yourself short!
Here are six takeaways that will help you raise your game. All of these principles are discussed in my book, Living in Your Top 1%, if you want to learn more.
1. Situations are neutral until you define them as good or bad.
2. Focus on the gap when you set goals. This is the space between what you say you are going to do and getting it done. Achieving your goal involves two core parts: Declaring what you are going to do (aka setting a goal) and moving through the process (aka taking the essential small steps).
3. Step into the CEO role of YOU INC. and define what TOP 1% means to you.
4. Pursue a goal that is important to YOU rather than one that is important to your friends, family, or partner.
5. Set aside the “shoulds” and what society thinks you should do. Now is the time to develop your ideal life, not someone else’s.
6. Honor the three Cs: Choice + Commitment + Consistency = Your Results.
Watch the video version (5 takeaways)…
One of my goals is to do this workshop around the country and share the principles from my book, Living in Your Top 1%. To host a Living in Your Top 1% workshop for you and a group of friends or your organization, please contact email@example.com.
Wishing you all continued success on your journey.
Alissa Finerman is an Executive Coach and Gallup Certified Strengths Coach, speaker and author of Living in YOUR Top 1%. She works with managers, C-suite executives and teams to leverage strengths, shift beliefs and achieve meaningful goals. Alissa has an MBA from the Wharton School and a BA from the University of California, Berkeley. She has worked with Ross Stores, Petco, BNP Paribas, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Brookfield Property Partners, Neutrogena, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Dress for Success. To learn more about coaching with Alissa, please visit her website and follow her on Facebook